- Relating to or involving evaporation: evaporative water lossMore example sentences
- Coconut oil has high flash point, viscosity index, lubricity, evaporative loss and oxidative and thermal stability.
- In the early 19th century, other methods of cooling were explored, and several evaporative refrigerators were patented, although it was another half-century before they made an impact on the food industry.
- Calculations of evaporative flux density and conductances were the same as those under quasi-steady-state conditions.
late Middle English: from late Latin evaporativus, from evaporare 'change into vapour' (see evaporate).
More definitions of evaporativeDefinition of evaporative in:
- The US English dictionary