- The process by which water is transferred from the land to the atmosphere by evaporation from the soil and other surfaces and by transpiration from plants.More example sentences
- In the simulation of stomatal conductance, the Jarvis model has been applied widely to studies of evapotranspiration, land surface processes and the biogeochemical cycle.
- Tropical forests also maintain a balance of species by providing pest control services, and they regulate surface temperatures and local and regional climates through the process of evapotranspiration.
- Moreover, fewer trees in cities reduce shading and evapotranspiration, in which plants use up heat by, essentially, sweating.
More definitions of evapotranspirationDefinition of evapotranspiration in:
- The US English dictionary