adjective & adverb• informal
- Used in reference to fair and equal competition or distribution of resources: [as adverb]: I split the money with my wife even-stevenMore example sentences
- While the average result puts Labour even-stevens with National, it does not substantially alter the likely outcomes.
- When eyes and teeth are once again exchanged, we'll be even-stevens.
- As to the game itself watched by over 29,000 spectators the first half was even-steven, Galway just holding the edge at half-time, 0-12 to 0-11, and Ollie Canning magnificent at corner-back.
mid 19th century: rhyming phrase, used as an intensive.
More definitions of even-stevenDefinition of even-steven in:
- The US English dictionary