A plant with pale yellow flowers that open in the evening.
- Genus Oenothera, family Onagraceae: numerous species
More example sentences
- Some rivals of the purple lilac included the buttercup, goldenrod, Mayflower, wood lily, purple aster, apple blossom, and the evening primrose.
- Areas once graced by desert mariposa tulip, Rocky Mountain bee plant, prickly poppy and evening primrose were invaded by the hostile horehound.
- My favourite night-bloomer is the evening primrose which seeds itself all over the garden, appearing as if by magic in dull corners which it brings to light with clumps of glorious bloom often as much as six feet high.
More definitions of evening primroseDefinition of evening primrose in:
- The US English dictionary