- (In the Christian Church) a service of evening prayers, psalms, and canticles, conducted according to a set form, especially that of the Anglican Church: choral evensongMore example sentences
- At St Anne's in neighbouring Strathfield he responded to Anglican ‘matins and evensong, the canticles, the psalms, the hymns, the Bible readings’, and became a choirboy.
- Morning prayer is said every weekday morning, and evening prayer or evensong every night.
- Morning prayer, known as matins, and evening prayer, known as vespers or evensong, are most common.
More definitions of evensongDefinition of evensong in:
- The US English dictionary