- 1The whole surface, distance, or area: between them they know every inch of the countryMore example sentences
- Our hosts, Norsemaid Charters, have been in the business for 15 years and know every inch of the area.
- Our driver, a prosperous local farmer from the area, knows every inch of the land.
- Mike has subjected every inch of the floor and cabinet area around the sink to a microscopic sniff test.
- 2Entirely; very much so: he’s every inch the gentlemanMore example sentences
- Immaculately besuited, he is every inch the genial Latino gentleman.
- Contrary to my expectations, he was every inch the country gentleman, a charming and solicitous host.
- Fully formed now, the man before me today looks every inch the confident star.
More definitions of every inchDefinition of every inch in:
- The US English dictionary