Definition of everyday in English:
1Happening or used every day; daily: everyday chores like shopping and housework
More example sentences
- It helps your eyes blink, pushes you off the chair, allows you to run and do your everyday chores.
- She was unable to carry out the simplest everyday chores and had had to abandon her previous job as a food hawker.
- How many times does something happen in everyday life that seems like a terrible tragedy?
1.1Commonplace: everyday drugs like aspirin
More example sentences
- The everyday familiarity of chicken makes the threat seem all the more plausible.
- Now most of the guys he fought were just plain, everyday working men, mind you.
- Nickel and iron are important elements used in a variety of everyday materials.
adverb(every day) Back to top
Words that rhyme with everydayaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, giclee, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.