Of or providing evidence: the evidential bases for her argument
More example sentences
- But the comparators that can be of evidential value, sometimes determinative of the case, are not so circumscribed.
- It is said that the proven circumstances do not support an inference of confinement which is of evidential value in law.
- With the case approached that way, he submits that it is not necessary to plead the evidential estoppel.
- Example sentences
- But in some languages, including Tariana, you always have to put a little suffix onto your verb saying how you know something - we call it ‘evidentiality’.
- In languages using a grammatical system known as evidentiality, for example, it's impossible to make a statement without also revealing why you believe that it's true.
- This grammatical category, referring to information source, is called ‘evidentiality’.
- Example sentences
- I am quite satisfied that this modest delay had had no effect on the cogency of the evidence and I do not consider the first defendants have been prejudiced evidentially in the smallest degree.
- Nevertheless there is no scope evidentially for a prosecution.
- So, both conceptually and evidentially, the last act within the defendant's control that gives the cause of complaint in relation evidentially closed.
Words that rhyme with evidentialcadential, confidential, consequential, credential, deferential, differential, essential, existential, experiential, exponential, influential, intelligential, irreverential, jurisprudential, penitential, pestilential, potential, preferential, presidential, providential, prudential, quintessential, referential, residential, reverential, sapiential, sciential, sentential, sequential, tangential, torrential
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: evi¦den|tial
Definition of evidential in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.