verb[with object] rare
1Castrate (a man or male animal).
- At the age of eighteen he evirated himself, thus hoping to open the pathway to Christian perfection.
- Some philosophers and divines have evirated themselves, and put out their eyes voluntarily, the better to contemplate.
- The unmoved Bottai notes that one of the bodies shows 'an enormous, bloodied gash: they have evirated him'.
1.1Deprive (a man) of his male role or identity; emasculate.
- Their minds are debased and evirated by effeminacy, lasciviousness, and fondness for loose pleasures.
- He did not know that a man's character dwindles into pusillanimity and cowardice, when, he is evirated by an operation totally different.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.