noun (plural ex-servicemen or ex-servicewomen)British
- A person who was formerly a member of the armed forces.More example sentences
- The Navy's list of servicemen and ex-servicemen without a home of their own includes about 19,000 people.
- After the service the ex-servicemen and women will march past the town hall and take a salute led by the Lord Lieutenant of Wiltshire.
- Both ex-servicemen and members of the public have been staying in tents and caravans for over four weeks so they can reserve the house of their choice.
More definitions of ex-servicemanDefinition of ex-serviceman in:
- The US English dictionary