Definition of exanthema in English:
noun (plural exanthemata)Medicine
A skin rash accompanying a disease or fever: [mass noun]: other symptoms are allergic contact dermatitis and generalized exanthema [count noun]: the diagnosis of the common exanthemata
More example sentences
- A 33-year-old man presented with a generalized pruritic skin exanthema that had been present for 1 day.
- Other childhood infections such as herpetic stomatitis, exanthema subitum, and chickenpox also seemed protective.
- Roseola, or exanthema subitum, is caused by human herpesvirus 6.
- Example sentences
- The name pityriasis rosea was given to the exanthematous illness in 1860-a long time ago - but its exact cause remains uncertain.
- This 81 year old woman developed a florid, blanching exanthematous maculopapular rash over her trunk, arms, and proximal thighs after two weeks of treatment with ciprofloxacin for a wound infection.
Definition of exanthema in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.