Definition of exasperating in English:
Intensely irritating; infuriating: they suffered a number of exasperating setbacks
More example sentences
- Nancy could sometimes be the most exasperating of creatures.
- The determination to never speak ill can be exasperating for a reporter.
- The most profound meditation only leads to an exasperating sense of impotence.
- Example sentences
- Phillips's exasperatingly self-aware first novel, Prague, kicked off the vogue for quasi-memoirs by smart young things about life in 1990s Eastern Europe.
- The exasperatingly faint and muffled musical score contributes to its ambient soporific oddness, and it is shot throughout in the most extraordinary sepia-sunset soft focus, like a dour Russian version of Bilitis.
- John captures, accurately too, the exasperatingly casual attitude of most Meghalaya bureaucrats towards their work, as well as the dominance of women in this matrilineal Khasi society.
Pronunciation: /ɪɡˈzɑːspəreɪtɪŋli/ /ɛɡˈzɑːspəreɪtɪŋli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.