Not placed centrally or arranged symmetrically about a centre: a distinct excentric nucleus
More example sentences
- Less consistently, they found excentric, small nucleoli and nuclear overlap.
- The nucleus of the lymphocyte becomes larger, stains less dark and acquires a one-sided indentation and an excentric position.
- To quote Black Diamond: ‘because our asymmetrical hexagonal design allows one excentric to fit four different crack configurations, the hex has a range similar to a comparably sized SLCD, at considerably reduced weight and price.’
- More example sentences
- Bittner: ‘The outline of this species is rounded, the height greater than its breadth, the hinge-margin straight, the umbo projects little above it and lies somewhat excentrically, or almost in the middle of the hinge-margin.’
- Their excentrically located, usually kidney-shaped nucleus, which is always darker than in the fibroblasts, is a secure criterion for their identification.
Definition of excentric in:
- The US English dictionary