- 1To a greater degree than normal; unusually: [as submodifier]: the weather was exceptionally mild for the time of the yearMore example sentences
- Their upper surfaces, however, vary from convex to exceptionally flat.
- Barriers to entry into the French political elite are exceptionally high.
- The lambs are finished exclusively on the marsh, only coming above the high water mark for exceptionally high tides.
- 1.1Only in unusual circumstances: the court allows half an hour in most cases, one hour exceptionally for a very important caseMore example sentences
- However, exceptionally, Parliament has affected the validity of a contract by intervening to refuse funding.
- Scores lower than 4 were found only exceptionally.
- He called upon the educationists to join hands for formulating a strategy that benefits all rather than exceptionally a few.