Definition of excision in English:
The action of excising something: the excision of the carcinoma
More example sentences
- All excised tissues were frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after excision and kept at - 80°C for later analysis.
- Wound excision involves removal of dead and contaminated tissue that, if left, would become a medium for infection.
- A cancer, in the medicine of the time, could be eliminated only through excision.
- Example sentences
- For many years, burn reconstructive surgery comprised incisional or excisional releases of scars and skin autografting.
- These conditions make excisional surgery impossible for a large percentage of patients.
- A 51-year-old woman underwent an excisional breast biopsy following detection of abnormal calcifications on a routine mammogram.
Words that rhyme with excisioncircumcision, collision, concision, decision, derision, division, elision, envision, imprecision, incision, misprision, precisian, precision, provision, scission, vision
Definition of excision in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan