The action of excising something: the excision of the carcinoma
More example sentences
- All excised tissues were frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after excision and kept at - 80°C for later analysis.
- Wound excision involves removal of dead and contaminated tissue that, if left, would become a medium for infection.
- A cancer, in the medicine of the time, could be eliminated only through excision.
- Example sentences
- For many years, burn reconstructive surgery comprised incisional or excisional releases of scars and skin autografting.
- These conditions make excisional surgery impossible for a large percentage of patients.
- A 51-year-old woman underwent an excisional breast biopsy following detection of abnormal calcifications on a routine mammogram.
Words that rhyme with excisioncircumcision, collision, concision, decision, derision, division, elision, envision, imprecision, incision, misprision, precisian, precision, provision, scission, vision
Definition of excision in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.