- (Of a cry or remark) expressing surprise, strong emotion, or pain.More example sentences
- By the time he finished his exclamatory remark I was doubled over with laughter spilling out between my lips.
- Playful punkety rocker Atom and His Package wrote in with exclamatory praise and a promise to send submissions of his own visual art.
- Great men have great idiosyncrasies, and the stubbornness with which Wolfe reproduces his exclamatory voice after it has been mimicked so many times makes it appear less a fault than a flourish.
More definitions of exclamatoryDefinition of exclamatory in:
- The US English dictionary