- An area from which unwanted animals are excluded.More example sentences
- After the fence is completed, The Nature Conservancy will conduct aggressive alien plant and animal control within the exclosure, which will also serve as a reintroduction site for at least three more endangered plant species.
- We report growth for Tiarella, a species that has spread clonally within exclosures but not outside exclosures where survival has been low.
- In cases where we tested the hypothesis that arthropod densities and leaf damage would be lower in the control (with birds) than in the experimental exclosures (birds excluded), we used one-tailed tests for significance.
More definitions of exclosureDefinition of exclosure in:
- The US English dictionary