- A law that prohibits the use of illegally obtained evidence in a criminal trial.More example sentences
- Illustrating this point, the Court has held that the Fourth Amendment exclusionary rule and the Miranda exclusionary rule do not apply to the impeachment of a criminal defendant who testifies.
- In 1984 Congress undercut the exclusionary rule which barred evidence obtained in violation of the Fourth Amendment.
- First, I feel no doubt that the modern climate of judicial and professional opinion favours the relaxation of exclusionary rules of evidence in civil cases whenever it seems safe to do so.
More definitions of exclusionary ruleDefinition of exclusionary rule in:
- The US English dictionary