Definition of exclusivism in English:
The action or policy of excluding a person or group from a place, group, or privilege.
- It's the only state that practices racism, prejudice, and exclusivism all in one, and punishes its MPs for speaking out against it.
- It is not possible to build a democratic state based on an ideology of religious exclusivism and through the forcible suppression of the democratic rights of another people.
- The situation in France is politically complex and does not lend itself to the easy answers advanced by the ideologues of religious exclusivism, race and nation.
- Example sentences
- Fundamentalists are also exclusivists, i.e. they hold that only those who believe as they do will end up in heaven.
- The handling of relief and rehabilitation matters by the various successive Governments reveal a sadistic apathy as if some weird exclusivist outlook has gripped the State functioning both in the state as well as in the centre.
- Claims on exclusive entitlements based on religious belief multiply, and given the inseparability of the personal from the political, exclusivist claims mire civil discourse.
Pronunciation: /ɪkˈskluːsɪvɪst/ /ɛkˈskluːsɪvɪst/adjective& noun
Definition of exclusivism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.