- Waste matter discharged from the bowels; faeces.More example sentences
faeces, excreta, stools, droppings; waste matter, ordure, dung, manure, mess, muck; sewage, black waterNorth American • informal poop• archaic night soil, sullage• rare egesta
- The disease can spread on contact with body fluids such as blood, urine, excrement, vomit and saliva.
- The ugly parts were the rampant filth, waste, and excrement in nearly every corner of the town.
- The stench of waste and excrement fermenting in the sewers assailed his scent.
- More example sentences
- Her textual obscenery is perceived as ‘bad’, as excremental because it denies mainstream literary audiences the satisfaction of uncomplicated, uncritical consumption.
- There were cracks showing in my armor during the first episode last week, but then the second episode was all abuse, histrionics, and excremental singing, so I, with some relief, was ready to write it off.
- This unthinking reliance on the spell checker allows otherwise intelligent people to produce written communication that varies from the merely embarrassing to the truly excremental.
mid 16th century: from French excrément or Latin excrementum, from excernere 'to sift out' (see excrete).