Waste matter discharged from the bowels; faeces.
- The disease can spread on contact with body fluids such as blood, urine, excrement, vomit and saliva.
- The ugly parts were the rampant filth, waste, and excrement in nearly every corner of the town.
- The stench of waste and excrement fermenting in the sewers assailed his scent.
- Example sentences
- Her textual obscenery is perceived as ‘bad’, as excremental because it denies mainstream literary audiences the satisfaction of uncomplicated, uncritical consumption.
- There were cracks showing in my armor during the first episode last week, but then the second episode was all abuse, histrionics, and excremental singing, so I, with some relief, was ready to write it off.
- This unthinking reliance on the spell checker allows otherwise intelligent people to produce written communication that varies from the merely embarrassing to the truly excremental.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ex¦cre|ment
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.