Definition of executive council in English:
1A council with executive power.
- In this year's conference, UBCMUN experimented with the North Atlantic Council, the executive council of NATO which is not an organ of the UN.
- Union leaders at the executive council meeting did find common ground around dramatic proposals to strengthen state labor federations and central labor councils.
- Today, the Labour Council is speaking out against an executive council at City Hall, but it's also reaching out to other community organizations for support.
1.1 (Executive Council) (In Australia) a body presided over by the Governor General or Governor and consisting of ministers of the Crown, which gives legal form to cabinet decisions.
- George says the Executive Council and Cabinet decide when to launch commissions of enquiry - and not mud-chucking political stirrers.
- He arrived in NSW in 1826 as colonial secretary and was appointed to the Executive Council under Governor Darling.
- The Honourable Dr David Kemp MP will be appointed Minister for the Environment and Heritage and remain as Vice President of the Executive Council.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.