- A rule or order issued by the President to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.More example sentences
- And last but not least, the president has been issuing executive orders that have been implementing many of the ideas.
- The president then issued an executive order instituting a ‘loyalty program’ for government employees.
- He issued an executive order directing the Secretary of Commerce to seize and operate several steel mills.
More definitions of executive orderDefinition of executive order in:
- The US English dictionary