Definition of exercise book in English:
1British A booklet with blank pages for students to write schoolwork in.
- In March 2005, according to the mother of a young female student, the classmates set up her daughter by slipping her homework exercise book out of her school bag.
- Potter would write out her stories in an exercise book, paste in a few watercolours and a number of pen-and-ink sketches and then present it as a gift to a favoured child.
- In the school I went to, every inch of paper had to be covered in simultaneous equations, poorly conjugated German verbs or pubescent declarations of love before you could even think about asking for a new exercise book.
2North American A book containing printed exercises for the use of students.
- Also on the counter is a dictionary and a monster exercise book buffed brown, rusting staples losing grip against a stuffing of clippings, brochures and postcards.
- He had an exercise book on his left knee, and a Maths Methods textbook on his right knee.
- He sat on the corner of his desk and smiled at the girl in the front row who was staring at him in befuddlement and seemingly observing his every move whilst her pencil moved over her exercise book.
Definition of exercise book in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.