- (Of a metabolic or chemical process) accompanied by the release of energy. The opposite of endergonic.More example sentences
- The changes of mechanical power are supported by a sequence of exergonic processes that over the last decades have been the subject of extensive research in biochemistry and biophysics.
- In this way, the energy released by the exergonic reaction can be partially harnessed to drive the endergonic one.
- With its highly exergonic free energy change, the flow of electrons through Complex I is more than adequate to drive ATP synthesis.
More definitions of exergonicDefinition of exergonic in:
- The US English dictionary