Making one feel very happy, animated, or elated; thrilling: an exhilarating two-hour rafting experience
More example sentences
- Experiencing the pace of change in China was exhilarating.
- The sight of a 25 lb salmon racing past less than a metre away is exhilarating.
- For most Africans, independence has meant more a desperate struggle for survival than an exhilarating path to development.
- Example sentences
- His eye records with photographic accuracy, then these perceptions are recovered from memory and reconstituted as fictional experience with the same exhilaratingly scrupulous fidelity.
- The short answer ought to be ‘no,’ although where Maddin is concerned, there are often exhilaratingly weird surprises lurking around every corner.
- This gives Brandenburg a richness of texture absent from his previous novels, and exhilaratingly testifies to the thriller genre's ability to transcend its primary role as entertainment.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ex|hil¦ar|at¦ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.