- Relating to a period of exile, especially that of the Jews in Babylon in the 6th century bc.More example sentences
- This theology represents a combination of the Shekinah theology that is oriented on the temple in the pre-exilic period and the Shekinah theology oriented on the Israel of the exilic period.
- She argues for two different traditions with two different ideologies in this prose source, one of them centered in Judah, the other centered in the exilic community of Babylon.
- These two principles were developed by the exilic community in Babylon, and carried by the returnees to the homeland in Palestine.
More definitions of exilicDefinition of exilic in:
- The US English dictionary