- The branch of science that deals with the possibility and likely nature of life on other planets or in space.More example sentences
- In the first category, the grants have supported research in astrobiology, exobiology and extraterrestrial analog environments on Earth.
- Carl Sagan pioneered the study of exobiology - the study of possible alien life forms and biochemistry.
- Dubbed ExoMars, the mission will send a lander and a rover to the red planet to carry out exobiology and geophysical analysis of the Martian environment.
- More example sentences
- Some exobiologists have theorized that comets such as Hyakutake helped seed early Earth with the ingredients for life.
- Our exobiologists expect any alien species we may encounter to be bipedal mammals that are approximately our size.
- The commission included no engineers or exobiologists, ‘no one interested in the search for life on Mars or in human missions to Mars.’
More definitions of exobiologyDefinition of exobiology in:
- The US English dictionary