noun[mass noun] Botany
- A specialized layer in a root beneath the epidermis or velamen.More example sentences
- In the endodermis and exodermis of roots, the apoplastic flow component can be modified by the existence of apoplastic barriers.
- There were no visible differences in the development of endodermis, exodermis and aerenchyma between the two varieties and growth conditions.
- Thus, water channels in the epidermis and/or exodermis of the older regions were especially significant for water flow.
early 20th century: from exo- 'outside', on the pattern of endodermis, epidermis.
More definitions of exodermisDefinition of exodermis in:
- The US English dictionary