Definition of expeditious in English:
Done with speed and efficiency: an expeditious investigation
More example sentences
- The reason for that inertia is simple: we prefer violence because it is the most expeditious, efficient, effective and easiest solution to most problems, if not all.
- What he did is designed to eliminate those delays, to bring this process to a speedy and expeditious conclusion.
- It has a mandate to deal with investigations in an expeditious manner, and should not have to tolerate inappropriate delays and what amounts to reprehensible conduct.
- Example sentences
- Sometimes, in our expeditiousness to move the world down the path towards the workers' Utopia, we aren't cognizant of who we are excluding from the process.
- Committees were appointed by the town, and in a rare display of unanimity and expeditiousness, they agreed on the location, dimensions, and cost of a more splendid meetinghouse.
- The principle is articulated into three main standards: equality of arms; publicity of proceedings; and expeditiousness of proceedings.
Words that rhyme with expeditiousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, delicious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, propitious, repetitious, seditious, siliceous, superstitious, suppositious, surreptitious, suspicious, vicious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.