- Carry out tests or experiments on these deductions in order not to prove them but to refute them.
- Interestingly enough, such individuals were also hostile to scientific experiments on animals as well.
- Scientists run experiments on physical evidence and draw conclusions based on their results.
- Starting the blog was an experiment in trying a few different ways to address the limitations of our political process.
- He knew that our experiment in self-government could fail if he had a serious lapse of judgment.
- This page is an experiment in interactivity which, as a journalist, I've found extremely exciting.
- The primates being experimented on in laboratories share over 95 per cent of their DNA with you.
- Cloning humans while the technology is still new and unproven is akin to experimenting on babies.
- He then went on to say that since animals habitually injure each other we should not worry unduly about experimenting on them in a good cause.
- We had also experimented with our running method today.
- Some regions of China, looking for creative ways to improve local governance, have already experimented with the idea.
- I also experimented with innovative methods of displaying my growing autograph collection.
This goes back to Latin experimentum, from experiri ‘to try’. Experience (Late Middle English) and expert (Middle English), someone who has tried and found out about something, go back to the same verb.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.