- A person whose level of specialized knowledge or skill in a particular field qualifies them to present their opinion about the facts of a case during legal proceedings.More example sentences
- An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.
- For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.
- He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.
More definitions of expert witnessDefinition of expert witness in:
- The US English dictionary