- 1British The end of the period for which something is valid: the expiry of the patent [as modifier]: an expiry dateMore example sentences
- Member States are at liberty not to apply the six-year period beyond the date of expiry of a patent protecting the original medicinal product.
- The notion of an injunction to restrain the use of an invention after the date of expiry of the patent to which it relates, seems anomalous, going against the very purpose of the patent system.
- I can't see what's wrong with an ‘automatic expiry date’ - laws are tough to remove from the statute books, laws which curtail freedoms should be watched.
- 1.1The end of a fixed period of time: the expiry of the six-month periodMore example sentences
- Three others lapsed due to expiry of the six-month application period, while one application was rejected by the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- The expiry of the limitation period explains why numerous agreement and events occurred on the following dates.
- Some of the share dealing took place within weeks of expiry of the lock-in period agreed in the offering prospectus.