(also exploitive /ɛkˈsplɔɪtətɪv, ɪk-/)
- Making use of a situation or treating others unfairly in order to gain an advantage or benefit: an exploitative form of labourMore example sentences
- At the end of the day, doctoral students are in a relatively powerless position within academic institutions and potentially exploitative situations can arise.
- By crashing popular culture with trashy, exploitative entertainment we will gain visibility, have fun, and scare people, which is always a good thing.
- They need to be there to protect workers from exploitative situations and to represent their interests.
More definitions of exploitativeDefinition of exploitative in:
- The US English dictionary