noun[mass noun] Mathematics
The operation of raising one quantity to the power of another.
More example sentences
- One of the main reasons for including an introduction to modular arithmetic is that the two most popular public key algorithms use modular exponentiation as their basic mathematical process.
- Computing individual hexadecimal digits using that formula relies on a venerable technique known as the binary algorithm for exponentiation.
- With ordinals you can do addition, multiplication and exponentiation - even infinitely often - but you can't do subtraction or division, as far as I know.
- More example sentences
- The regression coefficient was exponentiated, and we subtracted this value from 1 to obtain the decline rate.
- Multivariate results are presented in the form of odds ratios, obtained by exponentiating the regression coefficients from logistic models.
- The transition probabilities of the process can be calculated by exponentiating the rate matrix using standard numerical methods.
Definition of exponentiation in:
- The US English dictionary