- The amount by which the value of a country’s exports exceeds that of its imports.More example sentences
- Unlike the preceding twenty-six years, during which export revenues were used to pay for imports, in 1997 and 1998 countries needed an export surplus to finance capital flight.
- The Chinese run an export surplus with the US, receive reserve assets in exchange, and then allow domestic credit to increase on the base these provide.
- During these years, it was imperative that India generated an export surplus with the rest of the world in order to pay her sterling obligations.
More definitions of export surplusDefinition of export surplus in:
- The US English dictionary