- A word or phrase on a musical score which indicates the expression required of a performer.More example sentences
- The clefs, rests, and expression marks such as slurs and phrasing, even the thickness of the staves, make up a complex pictorial and typographical unity.
- He emphasized the importance of concentration during practice, the observance of phrasing, pedaling and expression marks during early stages of learning.
- He knows that Beethoven has to be specially watched when his expression marks stray into German, as they do in Op 90, for instance.
More definitions of expression markDefinition of expression mark in:
- The US English dictionary