- 1Made larger; enlarged: an extended kitchen and new balconyMore example sentences
- A greatly extended crowd attended the weekly whist on Monday, April 14.
- He maintains that the sentence topic stated first in an extended text is frequently at the highest level in the semantic hierarchy.
- Lyle and Eric Love are also expanding the Tiki Hut to create an extended bar and BBQ area.
- 1.1Lasting longer than is usual or expected; prolonged: an extended period of timeMore example sentences
- The bonus material on the second disc is largely composed of extended interviews.
- A long-range goal of the Chinese expansion has been the development of a navy capable of extended tours far from home.
- We all have similar stories, similar extended pasts.