- An instrument for measuring the deformation of a material under stress.More example sentences
- Instrumentation and monitoring within the tunnels will be effected through such means as inclinometers, extensometers, strain gauges, load cells, instrumented rock bolts, and standard convergence and deformation measurements.
- Column covers are fitted with T-slots to allow compatibility with various accessories, such as grips, fixtures, extensometers, and chambers.
- Testing is carried out using a constant cross head speed, and elongation to fracture measured with a 50-mm gage length extensometer.
late 19th century: from Latin extens- 'extended' (from the verb extendere) + -meter.
More definitions of extensometerDefinition of extensometer in:
- The US English dictionary