- (Of a nectary) situated outside a flower, especially on a leaf or stem.More example sentences
- The calyx, the subtending bracts and the two prophylls bear groups of extrafloral nectaries (single peltate trichomes).
- But also, a small beetle was observed on a single occasion feeding on nectar from the underneath of the mesochile where a nectar drop is usually found (a possible extrafloral nectary).
- In addition, extrafloral nectar and nectaries are widespread in Ipomoea in petioles and/or in epals that are mostly visited by ants and serve as a herbivore defence mechanism.
More definitions of extrafloralDefinition of extrafloral in:
- The US English dictionary