- Not involving or beyond the bounds of language: extralinguistic realityMore example sentences
- By contrast, the prosentential account is that ‘That is true’ does not say anything about its antecedent sentence but says something about an extralinguistic subject.
- We as readers would then be meant to understand that Matthew and Raoul possess an extralinguistic or predeclarative selfhood that is expressed by their narrative presentation - with varying degrees of inaccuracy or deception.
- That is, there is no ‘final or fixed point or privileged, meaning-determining relationship with the extralinguistic world.’
More definitions of extralinguisticDefinition of extralinguistic in:
- The US English dictionary