- 1British (Of a course of study) arranged for people who are not full-time members of a university or other educational establishment: extramural educationMore example sentences
- At 12, he began extramural studies with Massey University, graduating three years later with a degree in mathematics and computer science.
- He was disappointed to hear that there were fewer opportunities for archaeology to thrive through extramural classes and continuing education.
- I cracked open my extramural course material today, flicked through some pages, and promptly freaked out.
- 1.1Additional to one’s work or course of study: extramural activitiesMore example sentences
- Moreover, a 2.0 average allows the student to enter college preparatory courses and access extramural activities such as sports.
- Or, they should strike so as to affect only extramural activities.
- In the process the children were being deprived of a facility for their extramural activities.
- 2Outside the walls or boundaries of a town or city: the extramural cemetery in BrightonMore example sentences
- A variation on this arrangement was prevalent in the western coastal colonies, but in these and other coastal cities Demeter's extramural sanctuaries usually faced not the sea, but the interior.
- A number of research projects receive support from extramural grants, and researchers in each subdiscipline conduct their own special investigations.
- The one burial of an adult in an extramural pit cannot be temporally related to the house despite its proximal location.
- More example sentences
- For three and a half years Mr McLeod studied extramurally with Victoria University, completing his Masters of Public Management.
- I'll be studying extramurally, so I will be working to keep my head above water, and hopefully saving so I can make the move later on.
- Until this time, only heretics, criminals and suicides were regularly buried extramurally, and the change raised fears that distinctions between Lutherans and Catholics would be hopelessly blurred.
More definitions of extramuralDefinition of extramural in:
- The US English dictionary