- An intranet that can be partially accessed by authorized outside users, enabling businesses to exchange information over the Internet in a secure way: where intranets embrace employees within a company, extranets extend outwards to offer similar functions to those working closely with the business but separate from itMore example sentences
- This includes Web portal access tools provided by database vendors for intranet, extranet or Internet access.
- Increased Internet use, mobile computing, intranets and extranets, and e-commerce initiatives are integral to business communications.
- The company develops and adapts the software for companies to multiple environments including internet, intranets, extranets, wireless and text messaging.
More definitions of extranetDefinition of extranet in:
- The US English dictionary