adjective[postpositive] • informal
- Outstanding in a particular capacity: the noted Hollywood middleman extraordinaireMore example sentences
- By repute a procrastinator extraordinaire, the Irishman insists he remains on the trail of the same transfer targets he earmarked at the beginning of the summer.
- But for me, good old reliable David, door opener extraordinaire, will always be the invisible man and the person I like to call my role model.
- Since comedienne extraordinaire Joan Rivers drifted back to the United States, Edinburgh has been a much less entertaining place.
1940s: French, 'extraordinary'.
More definitions of extraordinaireDefinition of extraordinaire in:
- The US English dictionary