- Are there canny advantages to being socially averse that the extroverts among us never see?
- The extroverts need to socialize, the introverts dread it.
- Also, I don't think that it's safe to assume that extroverts have particularly effective social skills.
- Researchers measured extraversion and introversion among participants with a standard questionnaire and then compared extraverts to introverts by correlating the extraversion score to the strength of the positive-affect boost.
- Background music can help extroverts focus, but tends to torment introverts.
- Interestingly, the biggest liars were extroverts.
- I also worked with the costume designer, the make-up girl and the hairdresser to define a look that matched Julie's extrovert personality.
- A very jolly extrovert personality, Eileen enjoys the social aspect of the game and she is hugely popular with her sporting friends.
- Even the most extrovert social butterfly sometimes needs to flutter away from the public gaze.
The original spelling extravert is now rare in general use but is found in technical use in psychology.
- Example sentences
- Five major personality traits - conscientiousness, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness and extraversion - continue to evolve as people age.
- He gave transcripts of these chat-room discussions to a new group of students and asked them to rate specific individuals' behavioral traits such as extraversion, openness and neurosis.
- It is generally accepted that the traits of neuroticism, extraversion, openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness represent the core components of personality.
Early 20th century: from extro- (variant of extra-, on the pattern of intro-) + Latin vertere 'to turn'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.