- Relating to or denoting rock that has been extruded at the earth’s surface as lava or other volcanic deposits.More example sentences
- In practice pyroclastic and volcaniclastic rocks include all the products of extrusive volcanic activity except lava flows.
- The northern margin of the melange is marked by a thrust contact with both the Carboniferous sedimentary rocks and extrusive volcanic sequence.
- Although there are no outcrops of Devonian extrusive volcanic rocks in NW Scotland, they can be found in southern and central Scotland and the Orkney Islands.
More definitions of extrusiveDefinition of extrusive in:
- The US English dictionary