Definition of eyebrow in English:
The strip of hair growing on the ridge above a person’s eye socket: he had eyes of blue beneath bushy eyebrows
More example sentences
- Frontal sinusitis can cause pain above your eyebrows, and your forehead may be tender to touch.
- My antennae can smell, too, thin, blue cords above my silver eyebrows and blue eyelids.
- The hair of the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes are of separate type and develop fairly early in life.
- raise one's eyebrows (or an eyebrow)
- Show surprise or mild disapproval: Romanov merely raised his eyebrows at the discourtesyMore example sentences
- I pretend to examine the carton closely, raising my eyebrows in surprise at the information gleaned.
- Even the nurse - their type usually a model of calm whatever the surprise - raised her eyebrows.
- Certainly that generation which remembers the Great Depression of the 1930s might raise their eyebrows in surprise at this broad proclamation.
Words that rhyme with eyebrowhighbrow
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.