- The strip of hair growing on the ridge above a person’s eye socket: he had eyes of blue beneath bushy eyebrowsMore example sentences
- Frontal sinusitis can cause pain above your eyebrows, and your forehead may be tender to touch.
- My antennae can smell, too, thin, blue cords above my silver eyebrows and blue eyelids.
- The hair of the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes are of separate type and develop fairly early in life.
raise one's eyebrows (or an eyebrow)
- Show surprise or mild disapproval: Romanov merely raised his eyebrows at the discourtesyMore example sentences
- I pretend to examine the carton closely, raising my eyebrows in surprise at the information gleaned.
- Even the nurse - their type usually a model of calm whatever the surprise - raised her eyebrows.
- Certainly that generation which remembers the Great Depression of the 1930s might raise their eyebrows in surprise at this broad proclamation.