Definition of eyecup in English:
1A piece of an optical device such as a microscope, camera, or pair of binoculars which is contoured to provide a comfortable rest against the user’s eye.
- A roof prism design, it features central focusing, click stop adjustable eyepiece diopter, and nicely contoured push/pull eyecups.
- This is a long eye relief binocular, and by rolling down the eyecups, eyeglass wearers can truly obtain a full field of view.
- A roof prism design, it sports central focusing, click stops on the eyepiece diopter, and helicoid eyecups.
2 another term for optic cup.
- In this work the role of the eye cup in the maintenance of the lens-forming capacity of the cornea and pericorneal epidermis was studied.
- At the stage of operation, the eyecup cells have an undifferentiated, embryonic appearance with numerous free ribosomes and scattered mitochondria.
3 North American term for eyebath.
- Pour the tea into an eyecup (available at drugstores) and bathe each eye for at least five seconds, and up to one minute.
- The resultant tea is used to sprinkle over the eyes or used in an eyewash in an eyecup that can be readily purchased at most drug stores.
- Do not use an eyecup, eye drops, or ointment unless the poison center instructs you to do so.
Definition of eyecup in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan