- A stripe on a bird’s head which encloses or appears to run through the eye.More example sentences
- Their plumage is primarily white or tinted slightly pink or yellow, with black markings on the flight feathers and black eyestripes.
- The females, in particular, produce striking plumage complete with prominent white eyestripes circling the head and meeting on the nape.
- The ancestral state appears to have been unpatterned, except for the pale underparts and the eyestripe found throughout the genus, and pattern elements have apparently been gained and lost over evolutionary time.
More definitions of eyestripeDefinition of eyestripe in:
- The US English dictionary