noun (plural fêtes champêtres pronunc. same)
- An outdoor entertainment such as a garden party: banners announce a religious procession followed by a fête champêtreMore example sentences
- That summer Marie-Helene de Rothschild gave a fête champêtre at an exquisite château near Paris.
- We managed to eat outside almost every day, when last year we thought ourselves lucky to have one chilly fête champêtre.
- Miss Thorne's fête champêtre takes place in September following, on a fine autumn day.
French, literally 'rural festival'.
More definitions of fête champêtreDefinition of fête champêtre in:
- The US English dictionary