- Denoting or relating to a company which designs microchips but contracts out their production rather than owning its own factory: the advantage for the fabless firms is that they can get into the chip business without having to spend billions on manufactureMore example sentences
- We operate an efficient and streamlined fabless business model, which ensures sustainable profits even when competition is particularly intense.
- More than 300 so-called fabless chipmakers in the US also source more than half of their silicon wafers from Taiwanese semiconductor foundries.
- We see a bright future ahead in terms of growth for the whole semiconductor industry, and for the fabless industry and for the foundry industry.
More definitions of fablessDefinition of fabless in:
- The US English dictionary